20 Mar Releasing & Letting Go
Down here in the Southern Hemisphere today is the Autumn Equinox.
It’s also a full moon tonight… We only experience the full moon on Autumn Equinox every NINETEEN years. Both the Full Moon and the Autumn Equinox are auspicious times of releasing and letting go. When we start living with more awareness and consciousness we naturally begin to follow nature’s very well planned schedule. Each season representing an important part of the cycle to be honoured. In contemporary living we have drifted so far away from nature’s natural rhythm that the seasons melt into one another with barely an acknowledgement.
Spring is for sowing
Summer is for reaping
Autumn is for reflection and letting go
Winter is for slowing down
And so as we head into autumn we look to nature for inspiration. The leaves begin to shed from the trees and the last of the crops are harvested. As we look around we can’t help but see the decay as nature goes into hibernation, lets go of what no longer serves and prepares itself to blossom again in Spring time.
Autumn Equinox is the perfect time for us to do the same, to consider what no longer serves us and to release, with love and gratitude, to create space for the new.
This little ritual is a beautiful way to honour the season of letting go and release and to consciously bring to the fore that which is ready to leave.
1. Begin by preparing a space (preferably outdoors under the full moon)
Include a candle and perhaps you have some sacred crystals you want to include in your space.
2. Light the candle and gaze at the flame with full concentration for 3 min.
If you find your mind wandering just gently bring your mind back to the light.
3. As you come out of meditation immediately write down any limiting beliefs, thoughts, behaviours or habits that you are ready to let go of.
4. Meditate once again on the light of the flame but this time allow your mind to wander into deep gratitude for all that is, for all you have, for all you are. Allow yourself to bask in your abundant blessings.
5. Finally, take the paper on which you have written what you are ready to release and burn it in the flame of the candle. With intention, love and gratitude allow the limiting thoughts, beliefs and habits to be released.
This simple little ritual will help you to create space for the abundant blessings that are just waiting for you as we head out into the new season.
Happy New Moon!
Navigate the flow with grace and ease